Our textiles project for yesterday involved layering up fabrics, stitching into them, and then cutting through layers to expose layers underneath. For this piece, I used a moleskin-type fabric base layer and then added beautiful jewel velvets, and several layers of organza. I switched the machine to free-embroidery and sewed the layers pretty much at random. I then clipped through the organza layers with scissors – making the cuts at random. I love the result, although I have no idea how to get a decent photo of it. You just can’t see how the light plays on the organza layers, or the richness of the velvet underneath.